North Dakota - You need to register your aircraft in the state of North Dakota through the North Dakota Aeronautics Commission under a business in north dakota.

3 years. 

Reciprocity - On case by case basis

Good for 1 year 

Allow 2 - 3 weeks for processing, North Dakota does not issue on-demand licensing and you must have a "North Dakota License" to apply restricted-use chemical.

The only way to get a license instantly is to take the tests in Fargo at the NDSU extension center. 

NDSU Extension

NDSU Dept. 7000

311 Morrill Hall, P.O. Box 6050

Fargo, ND 58108-6050

Phone 701-231-7180 or 231-6388 • Fax 701-231-5907

South Dakota

Licensing -

Cost - $35 certification when you test in South Dakota

Reciprocity - You must test in a state that physically borders South Dakota

Cost - $25 reciprocity fee for an applicator


Nebraska - 

Licensing -

Licensing- Pass the Nebraska aerial (12) Category test 

Reciprocity - Must have attended PAASS program in the last 3 years

Reciprocity form -

Cost - $90 Commercial applicators license 

 Nebraska Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Protection

P.O. Box 94668 Lincoln, NE 68509-4668

Phone - 402-471-2341

Fax: 402-471-6893 

Kansas -

Colorado -

Reciprocity Form -

Cost - $150

Only lasts as long as your license does in the state you are reciprocating from. Colorado does not have a list of states the reciprocate with, they will take any state with a commercial license.  

You will need - 

Citizen verification form with photo ID

Copies of your state applicator license

Letter of good standing from your state license

Colorado Letter of application 

Colorado Department of Agriculture - Pesticide Section
305 Interlocken Parkway
Broomfield, Colorado, 80021
Phone: 303-869-9065



The following states are approved for reciprocity: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

The following states are NOT approved for reciprocity: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, West Virginia

The following states MAY OR MAY NOT be approved for reciprocity: Connecticut, Kentucky, Maine, Pennsylvania. (These states will need to be contacted prior to approval of license reciprocation.)

Texas -

Renewal -



or call (877) 542-2474 Toll Free.